305 East Baltimore Avenue
Pinebluff, North Carolina 28373
A meeting of the Library Association at the first library building
From left, they are Mrs. Mary E. Akins, Catherine McMinn (child) Mrs. Ida Wheeler, Mrs. Levi Packard, Sr. (standing),
Mrs. Mabel L. Saunders (who donated the building), Mrs. Julia Davidson, and Mrs. Fanny M. Gran
The Pinebluff Library is a free, public library open to anyone living in Moore, Richmond, Montgomery, Hoke, or Anson Counties. The oldest library in Moore County, it was established in 1908 and incorporated in December of the same year. From 1908 until 1952, the Pinebluff Library Association managed and operated the library. Until 1952, the library was supported by donations and dues paid by Association members.
In 1994, the Town of Pinebluff built a new Town Hall and turned over the old Town Hall building to the library. The Pinebluff Library Association raised funds through dues, donations, raffles, and yard and bake sales to permit repair and refurbishment of the building, to build additional bookshelves and an expanded reading area, and to purchase additional juvenile literature and reference material.